What is an Aadhaar Card?
- Aadhaar program was launched in 2009 by the Central government, with a main objective to give universal identity to every resident Indian. Aadhaar is the world’s largest biometric ID system, with over 1.123 billion enrolled members as of 28 February 2017.
Aadhaar Card – Do i really need it?
- Aadhaar details are mandatory for opening of new bank accounts.
- All phone service providers to reverify details for all existing subscribers through Aadhaar-based e-KYC (Know Your Customer) process.
- Andhra Pradesh government recently announced that Aadhaar card will be necessary to buy any new vehicle in the state. It is also important for getting a driving license.
- Aadhaar mandatory for filing income tax returns or applying for a PAN card.
- Aadhaar card UIDAI number would be linked to the voter ID’s.
- It is now accepted as a proof of address by Securities and Exchange board of India for investing in stock market. Till now, it was used by SEBI as identity proof.
How to apply for an Aadhaar card?
- First, you will need to visit https://appointments.uidai.gov.in where you will get the appointment form for applying Aadhaar Card Online.
- Now you will need to fill up all the necessary information such as your Email id, Name, and Phone Number. You will need to give the Number that you are currently using as they will be further contacting you using the Number.
- After you have provided all the necessary information correctly on the Online Aadhaar Form you will need to apply it.
- Next, after filling up all your personal details you will need to select the Enrollment Aadhaar Card Center and the Date and Time for the Appointment.
- Now once you have applied all the necessary forms you can go to the Aadhaar Card Center on your Specified day and get your Aadhaar Card done easily.
How to Download Aadhaar Card Online on Your PC & Mobile:
- First, you will need to visit the E-Aadhaar page on the UIDAI website.
- Then you will need to select the appropriate option either “Aadhaar No (UID)” OR “Enrolment No (EID)”.
- Now under that, you will need to click on the option “You want to receive your lost:”
- Next, you will need to fill up your Full Name, Email Address, Mobile Number & Security Code.
- Now after entering all the information correctly you will get an “OTP” SMS in your Number by clicking on “Get OTP” option.
- Now you will need to visit the https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in site again where you will need to choose either “Enrolment Id” OR “Aadhaar”, under “I have:” option.
- Next, you will need to type in your Enrolment/ Aadhaar Number, Full Name, PIN code of your residential address and other necessary information.
- Now click on “Get OPT” Password option.
- Next, you will need to enter the OPT that you have received in your Number.
- Lastly, you will need to Click Validate option and then you can download the duplicate of your Aadhaar Card Online.
Along these lines, that is the means by which to apply for Aadhaar Card Online. We trust that this article has helped you in every one of the inquiries that you have for applying Aadhaar Card Online.