10 steps to ensure safety of your ATM/Debit/Credit Card.
The Debit Cards are the best source to do Cashless transaction. We use a Card to buy a a product online or offline but always ignore the Card Security such as Card Number , CVV Code and PIN Password. This ignorance, one day can make you a big loss due to Debit Card Fraud. So if you are really wanted to save your Debit Card follow these 10 Credit and Debit card safety tips.
Increase in Card Frauds
While the ATM/Debit/Credit card usage has increased, so has the frauds related to the cards. Most of the times, the card frauds happen due to negligence of the card holder. In this post, I will talk about several things you should keep in mind which will safeguard you against a fraud or any crime which can potentially happen. The things we talk in this article will be for ATM cards, debit cards, credit cards and even internet banking transactions.
1. Do not Share Card Related Sensitive Information.
Never share your ATM PIN to anyone.
2. Enable 3d Secure Pin.
This is a second-factor authentication security feature, means after entering the Card Number & CVV code on any verified online shop, the page will be redirected to a Bank authorization page where you’ll need to enter 3D Secured PIN.
3. Set limit on Transaction.
Many Banks provide Transaction limit on your Debit Card. So if you want your debit card transaction will not go beyond specific amount limit then it can be set by contacting Bank branch or Customer care number.
4. Use a Chip Based Card.
All the banks are now providing an EMV chip based secured card. So hackers can’t make another copy by swiping your card because the chip based card has all the information in the form of encrypted code and it also comes with a personal identification number (PIN).
5. Link Mobile Number or Email ID to Bank Account.
Regularly update the contact information (i.e. mobile number, e-mail, address, etc.) that you gave to the bank. This will make it faster for the bank to notify you of any suspicious transactions.
6. Use Card only on Secured Platform.
Shop with credible merchants and look for secure transaction symbols like the “lock” icon on your browser. Avoid using public hotspots for online payments.
7. Do not use Cyber Cafe or third person Computer.
A Computer in Cyber Cafe is always affected with Malware. And when you do the transactions on a virus or malware affected PC then the card information can be easily stolen by the hackers.
8. Regularly Check Your Bank Statement.
Regularly check your account balance and transaction history. If you see anything suspicious, immediately report it to the bank.
9. Change the Card PIN after a regular interval.
For making your card security better, change the card pin after a regular interval.
10. What to do, if the Card is stolen or lost.
Report lost or stolen credit cards immediately to the company that issued you the card. If your ATM card or debit card is lost or stolen, contact your bank immediately.
Tips when traveling abroad
- International ATMs may save you money. Withdrawals are dispensed in local currency and are debited from your account in U.S. dollars based on a favorable exchange rate.
- All Mastercard/Maestro/Cirrus ATMs feature easy-to-read instructions in English and the local language.
- Have your card out and ready to use.
- Some international ATMs are available only during normal business hours. Hours vary from country to country.
- Most international ATMs do not permit transactions involving multiple accounts. Most likely, your transaction will be routed to your primary account.
- Four-digit numeric PINs are standard in most countries.
Visit: www.wealthbhai.com/blog or Contact: 8010926281.